12Shop understands that our users care about their personal data and how it is collected, used, shared and cared for. We are committed to handling your personal data in accordance with the applicable laws when you use any of the features, functions, available on our Platform or Services, interact with us via an external service, application or through our customer service agents, or access our Services or our Platform through your computer, mobile device, or any other device with Internet connectivity.
- THE PERSONAL DATA WE COLLECT FROM YOU
2.1 We will/may collect personal data about you:
- when you register and/or use our Services or Platform, or open an account with us;
- when you submit any form, including, but not limited to, application forms or other forms relating to any of our products and services, whether online or by way of a physical form;
- when you enter into any agreement or provide other documentation or information in respect of your interactions with us, or when you use our products and services;
- when you interact with us, such as via telephone calls (which may be recorded), letters, fax, face-to-face meetings, social media platforms and emails, including when you interact with our customer service agents;
- when you use our electronic services, or interact with us via our application or use Services on our Platform. This includes, without limitation, through cookies which we may deploy when you interact with our application or website;
- when you grant permissions on your device to share information with our application or Platform;
- when you link your Shopee account with your social media or other external account or use other social media features, in accordance with the provider’s policies;
- when you carry out transactions through our Services;
- when you provide us with feedback or complaints;
- when you register for a contest; and/or
- when you submit your personal data to us for any reason
The above does not purport to be exhaustive and sets out some common instances of when personal data about you may be collected.
- We may collect personal data about you from you, our affiliates, third parties, and from other sources, including without limitation business partners (such as logistics or payment service providers), credit bureaus or scoring agencies, marketing services providers or partners, referral or loyalty programs, other users of our Services or publicly available or governmental sources of data.
- In some situations, you may provide personal data of other individuals to us (such as your family members or friends or persons in your contact list). If you provide us with their personal data, you represent and warrant that you have obtained their consent for their personal data to be processed in accordance with this Policy.
- WHAT PERSONAL DATA WILL 12SHOP COLLECT?
3.1 The personal data that 12SHOP may collect includes but is not limited to:
- email address;
- date of birth;
- billing and/or delivery address;
- bank account and payment information;
- telephone number;
- information sent by or associated with the device(s) used to access our Services or Platform;
- information about your network, including your contact list when you share permissions on your device, and the people and accounts you interact with;
- government issued identification or other information required for our due diligence, know your customer, identity verification, and/or fraud prevention purposes;
- marketing and communications data, such as your preferences in receiving marketing from us and third parties, your communication preferences and history of communications with us, our service providers, and other third parties;
- usage and transaction data, including details about your searches, orders, the advertising and content you interact with on the Platform, and other products and services related to you;
- location data;
- any other information about the User when the User signs up to use our Services or Platform, and when the User uses the Services or Platform, as well as information related to how the User uses our Services or Platform; and
- aggregate data on content the User engages with.
- You agree not to submit any information to us which is inaccurate or misleading, and you agree to inform us of any inaccuracies or changes to such information. We reserve the right at our sole discretion to require further documentation to verify any information provided by you.
- HOW WE USE THE PERSONAL DATA WE COLLECTED
We only process your personal data to the extent it is necessary:
- For the performance of your agreement with us or in order to take steps at your request prior to entering into an agreement with us, including to:
- If applicable, 12SHOP organisational information (e.g., the name of the company associated with your business activities, profession and ownership and management details);
- Manage your relationship with us as an leader from initial registration and throughout your time as an member;
- Foster and maintain the relationship between your local affiliate and you;
- Create and manage your (online) account;
- Address your comments or enquiries;
- Process your orders of products or services;
- Fulfil our obligation to provide business and product support to you;
- Communicate with you about products or services that we offer, or intend to offer;
- Assess your performance under your Business Registration Agreement with us;
- Provide business performance information to you;
- Provide your contact information, business identification information, and business performance information to upline leader, and contact information to downline members in order to support your business with 12Shop;
- Perform accounting, auditing, billing, and collection activities; and
- Enforce contractual terms and conditions, including, without limitation, the applicable Rules of Conduct.
- To comply with our legal obligations, including to:
- Comply with laws which require us to retain records; and
- Comply with any other laws which may be applicable to us.
- For the purpose of our legitimate interests, including to:
- Operate, evaluate, and improve our products, business, and services, including by:
- Tracking and analysing your use of products, materials, and/or services;
- De-identifying your personal data in order to carry out analysis on information which does not identify you
- Developing new products and services;
- Track, document, and evaluate participation in trainings, meetings, and events;
- Prevent and protect you, us, and others against fraud, unauthorised transactions, claims, and other liabilities;
- Ensure compliance with company policies and industry standards; and
- Process personal data for internal administrative purposes.
- How We Protect Personal Data
We maintain appropriate technical and organisational security safeguards designed to protect the personal data we process against accidental, unlawful or unauthorised destruction, loss, alteration, access, disclosure, or use.
If you have any enquiries about this Privacy Notice, if you would like to update information we have about you, or if you wish to exercise your data protection rights, you may contact your local affiliate via email to email TBC